Courtesy of: Natalie Riley
3/4 t. salt
2/3 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar (I have cut this way down from what it asks for, I don't like it as sweet. Add more if you like it sweeter)
2 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. milk
Bake at 375 degrees or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
{Your baking times will be very different! For these little cakes that I made for Gabe's birthday, it only took
Icing:
1/2 c. room temperature butter
2 dashes of milk
2 t. vanilla
2 capfuls almond extract
2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder3/4 t. salt
2/3 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar (I have cut this way down from what it asks for, I don't like it as sweet. Add more if you like it sweeter)
2 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. milk
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute in between each. Add dry mixture and milk alternately, beating constantly until combined.Bake at 375 degrees or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
{Your baking times will be very different! For these little cakes that I made for Gabe's birthday, it only took
probably 20 minutes because the pans are really small. They made 6 cakes (3 when 2 were stacked on top of each other). You can also make 2 9" rounds which should take 30-35 minutes or a 9X13 might take 30-35 minutes as well. Set a timer and play it by ear!}
Icing:
1/2 c. room temperature butter
2 dashes of milk
2 t. vanilla
2 capfuls almond extract
Mix that altogether and add in enough powdered sugar {1/2 to 1 c. at a time} to make the desired, spreadable consistency. Add some fun colors and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment