Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Homemade Oreo Cookies

Homemade Oreo Cookies
1 devil's food cake mix (I have tried these with other chocolate cake mixes and they turn out just fine)
1/3 c. + 1 t. oil (I used olive oil)
2 eggs

Mix the above ingredients together. Roll the dough into dime-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool cookies.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
Whip together and then add:
1-1 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla

Buttercream frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 t. vanilla
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream (I used milk)
Mix together sugar and butter until blended, and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 min.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat for 1 min.
Add more milk for spreading consistency.
I also have added a scoop of peanut butter to frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment